Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Streaming Onlinebackup (Maybe OFFTOPIC)

От apoc9009
Тема Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Streaming Onlinebackup (Maybe OFFTOPIC)
Дата
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Streaming Onlinebackup (Maybe OFFTOPIC)  ("Guillaume Smet" <guillaume.smet@gmail.com>)
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Streaming Onlinebackup (Maybe OFFTOPIC)  (Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>)
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Streaming Onlinebackup (Maybe OFFTOPIC)  (Hannu Krosing <hannu@skype.net>)
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Streaming Onlinebackup (Maybe OFFTOPIC)  (Hannu Krosing <hannu@skype.net>)
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Streaming Onlinebackup (Maybe OFFTOPIC)  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> You've either not read 23.4.4 or haven't understood it. If the text is
> unclear, documentation additions/changes are always welcome.
I have read this:

PostgreSQL directly supports file-based log shipping as described above.
It is also possible to implement record-based log shipping, though this
requires custom development.

But thadt is not thadt what iam looking for!

Filebased Logship backups having a big Problem for doing continous
Backups. You have to wait until
the Postmaster has written the WAL File, after this you can save it to
the Backupserver. But 1 WAL
has a size of 16 MByte ny default! (thadt is a big Datahole in your
"Online Backup"!)

It makes no sense to reduce the Filesize. If the Filesize is smaller
then 16 MBytes for WAL Files
you have still the same Problem, there are Data losses and thadt the
Center of the Problem.

I wish to have an Solution, thadt backup my Database DB wihout
Datalosses,  without locking Tables, without Shutdown
and without any User must be forced for logging out (Backup in
Production State Online without Datalosses).

Сообщение: Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Streaming Onlinebackup (Maybe OFFTOPIC)
Сообщение: Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Streaming Onlinebackup (Maybe OFFTOPIC)