[FEATURE REQUEST] Streaming Onlinebackup (Maybe OFFTOPIC)

От apoc9009
Тема [FEATURE REQUEST] Streaming Onlinebackup (Maybe OFFTOPIC)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Hackers,

In my Project i have to handle a Database with 600 GByte Text only,
distributed on 4 Tablespaces
on multiple Harddisks and Remote SAN's connected via Gigaethernet to the
Remote SAN-Storage.

I need more flexibility by doing Backups of my big Database, but the
built in Online Backupsystem
dont work for my Setup good enought for me. I Can not accept 16 MByte
big WAL's Files
for securing it on Tape. 16 MByte Data loss on a Crash Situation is
Fatal and no helpfully
(1 MByte to). I wish to have a continoues Backup without any data losses.

My Idea:- 1 A Complete Database Backup from Scratch (its implemented right now)- 2 Online streaming  Backup thadt,
updatesmy Basebackup continously

every Time Changes was made (the half functionality is allready implemented)- 3 Able to redirect the Online
StreamingbackupFiles to an Remote

Servermachine (FTP) (the ARCHIVE Param in postgresql.conf can do thadt
allready     but the Method is not 100% Continously, big Holes of Datalosses
can occur)- 4 Version Management of Multiple Backuplines by Timestamp (is not yet
implemented)- 5 Recovery Option inside the PSQL-Client, for doing the Desaster
Recovery. (is not  yet implemented)

Benefitts:

All Users of Hugh Databases (Missioncritical and allways Online) can
bring up its
Databases with the same information with differences 1-5 Sec. before the
Crash occurs!

ps:
At EMCSoftware there is an Tool thadt has can do thadt for ORACLE and
MSSQL but there
is not Option for Postgres avaiable );

Sry for my bad english and i hope there is some one thadt can understand
the Problem.

Apoc