Re: Has anyone tried out the PL/pgSQL debugger?

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Has anyone tried out the PL/pgSQL debugger?
Дата
Re: Has anyone tried out the PL/pgSQL debugger?  (Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@CommandPrompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> Hi Korry,
>
> On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 10:07 -0400, korry.douglas wrote:
>> Now that we've "announced"
>
> Could you please define "we"? Is it "EDB" or "PostgreSQL"  ? I'm asking
> this per a thread @ -advocacy list.

We, EDB. Though I'm not sure it was so much announced as
mentioned-in-passing in all honesty.

In any case, it's a plugin for PostgreSQL 8.2 and above that allows you
to debug pl/pgsql functions using pgAdmin. You can step through
functions, step into or over function calls, set breakpoints, examine
variable values etc - all the normal stuff you expect from a debugger.
You can also directly debug a selected function, or set a breakpoint on
one and wait for your app to hit the breakpoint so you can debug it in
context.

/D