Re: tsearch filenames unlikes special symbols and numbers

От Mark Mielke
Тема Re: tsearch filenames unlikes special symbols and numbers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Also, ____ says that Windows throws an error for ":" in the filename,
> which means we needn't.

Windows doesn't fail - but it can do odd things. For example, try:
   C:\> echo hi >foo:bar

If one then checks the directory, one finds a "foo".

Depending on *which* API one uses, the rules may change around a bit -
but whatever the situation, as long as you prefix it with a valid path,
the ":" is not going to cause you problems.

> It might still be a good idea to restrict the names to be SQL
> identifiers (ie, alphanumerics and underscores) for future-proofing,
> but it wasn't clear whether anyone but me thought that was a good
> argument.  I'm willing to make it just be no-dir-separators.

I think it is a good argument.

Cheers,
mark

--
Mark Mielke <mark@mielke.cc>

От: Mark Mielke
Сообщение: Re: tsearch filenames unlikes special symbols and numbers
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Per-function GUC settings: trickier than it looked