Re: pgadmin 1.8.0 beta3 bug

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgadmin 1.8.0 beta3 bug
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> Very good! But some things are not right ..

Gah!!

> Testing Beta 3.5(Aug 29 2007, rev: 6584:6588M) on Win XP. Client Win XP,
> host: Debian Etch / PG 8.2.4 and Debian Sarge / PG 8.1.8.
> Everything concerns the table subtree.
>

> - Generally: either the focus jumps to the table node OR the table node
> is not updated.
>    We want the focus to stay with (or go back to) the object we are
> working on, while (after) the table node is updated.
>
> Objects that do not update the table node:
>    - primary key constraint
>    - check constraint

Those should now be fixed (and consequently behave like the others below).

> Objects that update the table node, but lose the focus:
>    - foreign key constraint
>    - unique constraint
>    - table column

I'm not sure how to fix this - I'll think about it this afternoon.

> - Trying to add a comment to UNIQUE CONSTRAINT fails altogether.

Fixed.

> - ALL comments on constraints or indexes are missing in the reverse
> engineered SQL for the table. To be precise, they are present as
> comments, but the SQL statements to recreate them are missing:
>     COMMENT ON CONSTRAINT test_pkey ON loc_status IS 'My comment on this
> field...';

Fixed.

> - When creating a new FOREIGN KEY CONSTRAINT per dialog (I do these
> things with SQL normally) "New Object -> New Foreign Key .." I cannot
> enter a comment. It won't let me write in the field.

Some backwards logic - it would if there was no name specified. It
should (and now is) the other way round - that is, if you've named the
constraint, you can give it a comment.

>    I can add comments to existing constraint of the kind, though.
>    The field "Tablespace" seems to do nothing at all. Choosing a
> different tablespace does not activate the OK button. IF I activate the
> OK button with other changes and save, the tablespace setting is ignored.

Err, what Tablespace field?

>     - SQL pane of the table is NOT updated. Only after a manual refresh
> does the new foreign key show up.

Seems to be OK here - possibly as a side effect of one of the other fixes.

> - There is a checkbox "Auto FK index" among the properties for FOREIGN
> KEY CONSTRAINTs.
>    But I cannot find an explanation what it does anywhere. I guessed it
> creates an index on the referencing field.

Yes.

>    When I check the box and save, nothing seems to happen. The
> additional index is still created as expected, but the index collection
> is not refreshed. Only after manual refresh does the new index show up.

Seems to be OK here - possibly as a side effect of one of the other fixes.

> - Trying to update a TRIGGER fails altogether. It tries to send SQL in
> the form:
>    CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER mytrigger AFTER INSERT ...
> But there is no "CREATE OR REPLACE" for triggers.
>    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-createtrigger.html

Ahh, thats an EDB thing. Fixed.

Thanks, Dave