Re: Data Warehousing

От Rob Kirkbride
Тема Re: Data Warehousing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Andrej Ricnik-Bay wrote:
> On 9/3/07, Rob Kirkbride <rob.kirkbride@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> We're using hibernate to write to the database. Partitioning looks like it
>> will be too much of a re-architecture. In reply to Andrej we do have a
>> logged_time entity in the required tables. That being the case how does that
>> help me with the tools provided?
>>
>> Might I have to write a custom JDBC application to do the data migration?
>>
> That would be one option :}
>
> If the server is on a Unix/Linux-platform you should be able
> to achieve the result with a reasonably simple shell-script
> and cron, I'd say.

I am on a Linux platform but I'm going to need some pointers regarding
the cron job. Are you suggesting that I parse the dump file? I assume I
would need to switch to using inserts and then parse the dump looking
for where I need to start from?

От: "Andrej Ricnik-Bay"
Сообщение: Re: Data Warehousing
От: Gregory Stark
Сообщение: Re: Instances where enable_seqscan = false is good