Re: URGENT: Whole DB down ("no space left on device")

От Zoltan Boszormenyi
Тема Re: URGENT: Whole DB down ("no space left on device")
Дата
Re: URGENT: Whole DB down ("no space left on device")
Список pgsql-general
Phoenix Kiula írta:
> I am getting this message when I start the DB:
>

> psql: FATAL:  could not access status of transaction 0
> DETAIL:  Could not write to file "pg_subtrans/01F8" at offset 221184:
> No space left on device.
>

> What is this about and how do I solve this? A "df -h" on my system shows this:
>

> Filesystem    Type    Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
> /dev/sda2     ext3    9.9G  9.5G     0 100% /var

This is the problem. Free up some space under /var or move either
the whole partition or PostgreSQL's data directory to a new disk.
The data directory lives under /var/lib/postgresql (mainstream) or
/var/lib/pgsql (RedHat speciality).

--
Zoltán Böszörményi

Сообщение: Re: URGENT: Whole DB down ("no space left on device")
Сообщение: Re: URGENT: Whole DB down ("no space left on device")