Re: Autovacuum not vacuuming pg_largeobject

От Denis Gasparin
Тема Re: Autovacuum not vacuuming pg_largeobject
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Yeah, you're wrong.  The difference is that plain vacuum does not try
> very hard to reduce the length of a table file --- it just frees up
> space within the file for reuse.  vacuum full will actually move things
> from the end of the file to free space nearer the head of the file,
> so that it can shorten the file.
>
> What I suspect the above observations really prove is you don't have
> max_fsm_pages set high enough, and so pg_largeobject was bloating because
> the free space was being forgotten instead of reused.

I tried to issue the vacuum command on one of my database and i got the
following log messages:

LOG:  max_fsm_relations(1000) equals the number of relations checked
HINT:  You have at least 1000 relations.  Consider increasing the
configuration parameter

I suspect I must increase max_fsm_relations.
The value of max_fsm_pages is 20000 (the default value).
I suspect I must change this to a higher value... but how high should
this value be?

Thank you in advance,
Denis