Re: PgAdmin 1.8.0 beta 3 bug: Open file in Query Tool

От Luiz K. Matsumura
Тема Re: PgAdmin 1.8.0 beta 3 bug: Open file in Query Tool
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

> Hi, I download this snapshot, and detect a problem with query tool (
> win XP pro)
> The file open option is not working for me: I select the file but
> nothing is loaded from the file.
>
> I tested with the original 1.8.0 beta3 pgadmin.exe and it not load
> files too.
> Version 1.6.3 works fine.
>
> TIA

Hi, I'm again...
I investigate more, and this ocurr only with files with files with ansi
files with accentuated characters ( like "çãé..." ).
If I disable the option on the preferences: "Read and write Unicode
UTF-8 files", then the file is loaded.
If I edit a file with this option enabled, then this characters is write
in Unicode (I suppose) and now the file is correctly loaded and displayed.
Disabling this option, now the file is loaded, but the characters isn't
translated.

But in 1.6.3 both files are loaded with "Read and write Unicode UTF-8
files" enabled and translated to corresponding characters.
This is a new behavior or a bug ?

--
Luiz K. Matsumura
Plan IT Tecnologia Informática Ltda.