Re: pgsql: Fix brain fade in DefineIndex(): it was continuing to access the

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pgsql: Fix brain fade in DefineIndex(): it was continuing to access the
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
[redirected to -hackers]

Tom Lane wrote:
> Found by trying to run the regression tests with CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS enabled.
> Maybe we should try to do that on a regular basis --- it's awfully slow,
> but perhaps some fast buildfarm machine could do it once in awhile.

We currently don't have any way of providing for settings other than via
the configure script options. We could in theory make provision for
adding stuff to pg_config_manual.h, although it would be a bit more
difficult in the vpath (I guess for vpath we could just blow that file
away along with the files bison, flex etc. lob in the repo).

So the question is: is such a facility likely to be of value? It would
probably involve just a handful of lines of code.

cheers

andrew