Re: Postgresql performance in production environment

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Postgresql performance in production environment
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Phoenix Kiula wrote:
> On 19/08/07, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> Phoenix Kiula wrote:
>
> .....snipped....
>
>>> I can merrily increase the "max_fsm_pages" directive, but the manual
>>> also caveats that with "this can use more system V memory than
>>> available on your system". My full verbose vacuum info below includes
>>> the line:
>> Do you actually run VACUUM FULL, or do you just mean you run VACUUM over
>> the full database? If you run VACUUM FULL, you need to stop doing that
>> :-) However, you will need to run it at least once over the whole
>> database once you've fixed your max_fsm_pages setting.
>

> No we only do a "vacuum analyze" when we do something manually.
> Otherwise, it's all "autovacuum". Never done  a "vacuum full" --

Ok. That's good.

> should we do one now given that we've overrun our max_fsm_pages?

Yes, but not until you've fixed it. And only once.

>>> [-------------
>>> INFO:  "traders": scanned 3000 of 199396 pages, containing 40775 live
>>> rows and 0 dead rows; 3000 rows in sample, 2710124
>>> estimated total rows
>>> -------------]
>> There should be a line like this at the end of a "VACUUM VERBOSE" command:
>> INFO:  free space map contains 33 pages in 74 relations
>> DETAIL:  A total of 1184 page slots are in use (including overhead).
>> 1184 page slots are required to track all free space.
>> Current limits are:  153600 page slots, 1000 relations, using 965 kB.
>> VACUUM
>>

> Nope, there's no line that includes such useful info. The entire
> verbose output was included in my note. I did not see the words
> "Current limits are". Do I need to enable something in the conf file
> to get more verbose output? "debug2", "debug3" -- kind of stuff?

Strange. It comes out at level INFO, and you do see other stuff at INFO
level. Any chance this just got mixed up with an autovacuum run and that
input it somewhere in the middle of your output? (that this "traders"
info is from autovac)

//Magnus

Сообщение: Re: Postgresql performance in production environment
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql performance in production environment