Re: Help System v1.8 Missing Postgres Documentation?

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Help System v1.8 Missing Postgres Documentation?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Gary Winslow, Jr. wrote:
> Hello,
>

> What happened to the PostgreSQL documentation in the pgAdmin Help File
> in v1.8????    This was sooo handy before in v1.6.

I'm afraid we're using the online help now for a number of reasons:

- The additional help files are *really* tricky to merge properly and
take significant amounts of time to do.

- They account for a large percentage of the size of the application.

- Because they are so large, there was no way we could have conveivably
localised the docs.

- Because we now have *full* support for EnterpriseDB, and might add
other derivatives such as Bizgres MPP in the future, we would need to
ship docs for them as well, compounding the previous problems.

- We always shipped the latest docs with pgAdmin - many people aren't
actually using the latest version of PostgreSQL (or Slony) though, so
those docs are not the right ones for them.

So I'm afraid we won't be shipping the docs from the other projects in
the future - though all the old menu options should still work, just
with online versions of the docs.

Regards, Dave