Help creating a function

От Madison Kelly
Тема Help creating a function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Note: This is being sent again (in case it shows up later). It never
seemed to have made it to the list.

Hi all,

   I'm using ulogd with PostgreSQL which stores IP addresses as 32bit
unsigned integers. So when I select some data I get something like:

ulogd=> SELECT id, ip_saddr, ip_daddr, raw_pktlen, ip_totlen, tcp_window
FROM ulog LIMIT 20;
  id |  ip_saddr  |  ip_daddr  | raw_pktlen | ip_totlen | tcp_window
----+------------+------------+------------+-----------+------------
   1 | 3232235874 | 1074534522 |         46 |        46 |      25825

   Where 'ip_saddr' and 'ip_daddr' are 'bigint'. I know I can convert
these numbers to dotted-decimal in perl with a small script like:

-=-=-
#!/usr/bin/perl

# This would be the number read from the DB
my $num=3232235874;

# Now do the math
my $temp=$num/256;
my $D=256*($temp-int($temp));
$temp=(int($temp))/256;
my $C=256*($temp-int($temp));
$temp=(int($temp))/256;
my $B=256*($temp-int($temp));
my $A=int($temp);
my $ip="$A.$B.$C.$D";

# Print the results
print "'num': [$num] -> 'IP': [$ip]\n";
-=-=-

   What I would like to do is create a function that would do the same
thing so I could read out the IP addresses as standard dotted-decimal
format. Could anyone help me with this? I am quite the n00b when it
comes to functions. :)

Thanks all!

Madi