Re: GUC and postgresql.conf docs

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD
Тема Re: GUC and postgresql.conf docs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Binary-encoded numeric values don't go through
> encoding conversion.  Text strings currently do.  The only place where I
> had any difficulty deciding what a particular datatype should do is with
> the 1-byte "char" type, which has a foot in both camps.  I decided to
> treat it as an unconverted single byte (but am willing to listen to
> argument if anyone thinks differently).

One concern I would have is how to get at the raw unconverted text data
without changing the client encoding. I do not really see an advantage in
providing the same thing for text and binary format if it is now
a per column thing. I would do text unconverted if binary format is selected
for that column.

Did COPY BINARY convert text ?

Andreas

Сообщение: Re: Text format protocol representation
Сообщение: Re: Text format protocol representation