Re: Implicit coercions need to be reined in

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD
Тема Re: Implicit coercions need to be reined in
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The lines marked XXX are the ones that I enabled since yesterday, and
> would like to disable again:
>
>  implicit |   result    |    input    |                        prosrc

>  no       | varchar     | int8        | int8_text

Wow, I am completely at a loss why you would not allow implicit coercions
that do not loose any data in the process.
Coercing an int to float would in some cases loose precision. It is thus imho
debateable what to do here, but not for the rest.

I would think it a major step in the wrong direction.

Andreas