RE: AW: Re: OID wraparound: summary and proposal

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD
Тема RE: AW: Re: OID wraparound: summary and proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> It seems to me, I guess and others too, that the OID mechanism should
be on a
> per table basis. That way OIDs are much more likely to be unique, and
TRUNCATE
> on a table should reset it's OID counter to zero.

Seems to me, that this would be no different than a performance improved
version
of SERIAL.
If you really need OID, you imho want the systemid tableid tupleid
combo.
A lot of people seem to use OID, when they really could use XTID. That
is
what I wanted to say.

Andreas