Re: Problem on AIX with current

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD
Тема Re: Problem on AIX with current
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > > BTW, still I'm getting the stucking backends. New info: a snapshot
> > > dated on 10/3 works fine.
> >
> > I allways have trouble with those different date formats. Do you
> > mean, that the problem is fixed as of 3. October, or that an old
> > snapshot from 10. March still worked ?
>
> Of course the working source is 3rd October.

Tom, do you have an idea what you might have fixed to that effect ?

> > Snapshot of 1. Oct 2001 does not hang in "make check" on AIX 4.3.2
> > 4 CPU machine.
>
> Oh, you have 4 way machine too?

Well, the company I work for has all sorts of AIX hardware, but no AIX5
yet.
I usually use a 43P 150 with one 604e CPU for development and testing,
but "borrowed" another one to test the 4 CPU hang :-)

> > So it seems to be a problem on AIX5L only :-( Maybe a
> semaphore bug ?
>
> Maybe. BTW, what is your compiler? I'm using xlc.

Same here, xlc from VisualAge C++, maybe other version:
vac.C                      5.0.1.3  COMMITTED  C for AIX Compiler

I made the experience, that gcc compiled code is somewhat slower.

Andreas