Re: RFD: access to remore databases: altername suggestion

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD
Тема Re: RFD: access to remore databases: altername suggestion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> You are attacking here two things:
>
> a) schemas, which should be done in 7.3,

Is imho something different alltogether. (I know we have two opposed
views here)

> thus multiple databases on same host would be unnecessary.

I disagree :-)

> b) connections to remote host' databases, which is partially
implemented
> already (in a ugly way, but...) see contrib/dblink
>
> What you described is a syntactic sugar to implement b) which isn't a
bad
> idea, but just consider, it is already done. sorta.

Not in the least. True remote access needs 2 phase commit,
which is nowhere near the horizon. Remote read only access would be
somewhat easier to implement, and would imho be a very useful
first step.

Andreas

Сообщение: Re: Unicode combining characters
Сообщение: Re: Unicode combining characters