RE: Re: Toast,bytea, Text -blob all confusing

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD
Тема RE: Re: Toast,bytea, Text -blob all confusing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Can anybody explain in technical terms why this is implemented
so inconveniently ?

Since bytea is probably not very common among users yet
we could imho still change it to not do double escapes.

Imho we need to decide where to do the escaping,
eighter in the parser or in the input functions.

I think actually the backend parser has no business changing
constants, he is imho only allowed to parse it, so he knows
where a constant begins, and where it ends.

Andreas