RE: CURRENT OF cursor without OIDs

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD
Тема RE: CURRENT OF cursor without OIDs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>    There could be DELETE operations for the tuple
>    from other backends also and the TID may disappear.
>    Because FULL VACUUM couldn't run while the cursor
>    is open, it could neither move nor remove the tuple
>    but I'm not sure if the new VACUUM could remove
>    the deleted tuple and other backends could re-use
>    the space under such a situation.

If you also save the tuple transaction info (xmin ?) during the
select in addition to xtid, you could see whether the tupleslot was
reused ?
(This might need a function interface to make it reasonably portable to
future
versions)
Of course the only thing you can do if you notice it has changed is bail
out.
But that leaves the question to me on what should actually be done when
the tuple has changed underneath.
I for one would not like the update to succeed if someone else modified
it
inbetween my fetch and my update.

Andreas