Re: Nested Transactions, Abort All

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD
Тема Re: Nested Transactions, Abort All
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> My proposal would be:
>
> 1. Begin main transaction: BEGIN { TRANSACTION | WORK }
> 2. Commit main (all) transaction: COMMIT { TRANSACTION | WORK }
> 3. Rollback main (all) transaction: ROLLBACK { TRANSACTION }
>
> 4. Begin inner transaction: BEGIN NESTED { TRANSACTION | WORK }
> 5. Commit inner transaction: COMMIT NESTED { TRANSACTION | WORK }
> 6. Rollback inner transaction: ROLLBACK NESTED { TRANSACTION }
>

> 1, 2 and 3 are not negotiable.  4, 5 and 6 are.

Hmm, 1-3 are at least negotiable for the abbreviated form 'BEGIN'
and 'END'. I think we could differentiate those.
The standard only has 'BEGIN TRANSACTION' and 'COMMIT [WORK]'
and 'ROLLBACK [WORK]'. I agree that we are not allowed to change
the semantics of those non abbreviated forms.

How about:
1. Begin main tx: BEGIN WORK | BEGIN TRANSACTION
2. Commit main (all) transaction: COMMIT [ TRANSACTION | WORK ]
3. Rollback main (all) transaction: ROLLBACK [ TRANSACTION | WORK ]

4. BEGIN: starts eighter a main or a subtransaction (for plsql BEGIN SUB)
5. END: commits nested, maybe also abort a nested tx that is already in abort state (for plsql END SUB)
6. ROLLBACK SUB[TRANSACTION]: rolls subtx back

Andreas