Re: [pgsql-www] Version differences

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] Version differences
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Robert Treat a écrit :
>> On Friday 10 August 2007 09:28, Dave Page wrote:
>>> There is currently no way for a visitor to the website to what whats
>>> cool and new in the latest major release. This info is in the main
>>> announcement panel for a while after we release, but is gone as soon as
>>> we have a conference or something.
>>>
>>> Any ideas how we can best fix this?
>>>

>> Honestly found the response that actually brings glee to peoples face
>> is pointing them toward Andrea's feature matrix.  Perhaps we ought to
>> think about making that more official ?
>
> +1

I offered to db:ify this and put it inside our web framework for Stefan
a while ago, but he wanted to hash out the format and the way to do it a
bit more on the wiki first, but the plan was AFAIK to eventually do it.

The offer certainly still stands :) I can code it up (and it won't take
very long once we decide how we want it), but we need several people to
help fill it with content. I think one big thing to think about is how
things are supposed to be sorted - right now, I don't think they're
sorted at all in Stefans matrix :-) (well, they're sorted by "newest
first" based on version number but within the versions they're not sorted)

//Magnus