Re: Bug in properties dialogue for role

От Erwin Brandstetter
Тема Re: Bug in properties dialogue for role
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> dpage@postgresql.org wrote:
>>
>> Sounds like it thinks you're editting a numeric value. Are you sure
>> you weren't?
>>
>> /D
>>
> I am sure. Try the test case.
> But I guess you found the root of the problem right there: pgadmin
> probably thinks it is editing a numeric value, though it is text.

I have checked on the docs. I quote from
    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/sql-set.html
    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/sql-set.html

/>value/
 >   New value of parameter. Values can be specified as string
constants, identifiers, numbers, or comma-separated lists of these.
DEFAULT can be used to specify resetting the parameter to its default
value.

Identifiers are text. I suspect pgadmin expects numbers, regardless.

Regards
Erwin

От: Erwin Brandstetter
Сообщение: User friendly messages in output pane
От: Erwin Brandstetter
Сообщение: Re: Change for connection name