Installing Postgresql 8.2 on Windows Vista

От Johan Runnedahl
Тема Installing Postgresql 8.2 on Windows Vista
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi

I am having problems installing Postgressql 8.2 on Windows Vista.

The first problem I had was related to the UAC which I now have turned
off. But the last problem is that the installer stops when it can't runt
initdb. At this stage it rolls back an removes any possibilities to run
initdb manually.

Is it even possible to install it with the Windows-installer in the
8.2.4 binary. It worked fine on Windows XP.

If it is possible, how should it be done? Does anyone have a
step-by-step guide?

I would appreciate any constructive help on this.

Thanks
/Johan