Re: TRUNCATE TABLE

От Adriaan van Os
Тема Re: TRUNCATE TABLE
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Somehow, autovac is doing something that makes the filesystem go nuts
>> every so often, and take an astonishingly long time to create an empty
>> file.  But autovac itself doesn't create or delete any files, so what's
>> up here?
>
> Have you ruled out checkpoints as the culprit?

That's a good question. I will do some more tests, but I also suspect fsync "cascading"
<http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0708.0/1435.html>.

Regards,

Adriaan van Os

От: "Ted Jordan"
Сообщение: Default Performance between 8.0 and 8.1
От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Performance problems with large telemetric datasets on 7.4.2