Re: Correction of how to use TimeZone by ControlFile(xlog.c)

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Correction of how to use TimeZone by ControlFile(xlog.c)
Дата
Re: Correction of how to use TimeZone by ControlFile(xlog.c)  (Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com>)
Re: Correction of how to use TimeZone by ControlFile(xlog.c)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-patches

Gregory Stark wrote:
> Well even if we include the time in integer seconds-since-unix-epoch format it
> would be useful for a CSV data format.

That's probably the worst of all possible options. Two very common uses
of CSVlogs will be a) to load them into a PostgreSQL table and b) to
load them into a spreadsheet such as Excel. In both cases having a Unix
epoch time rather than a timestamp is likely to be very annoying.

Tom's idea of a log_timezone seems to make sense.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: Correction of how to use TimeZone by ControlFile(xlog.c)
Сообщение: Re: Correction of how to use TimeZone by ControlFile(xlog.c)