Re: BUG #3504: Some listening sessions never return from writing, problems ensue

От Peter Koczan
Тема Re: BUG #3504: Some listening sessions never return from writing, problems ensue
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:
> 1Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>
>> Peter Koczan wrote:
>>
>>> There is a problem where connections listening for asynchronous notifies
>>> occasionally block for writing on ther server side and never finish,
>>>

>> Does the client read the async notifies? The write in the server will
>> block if the client doesn't keep up with reading the data.
>>

> Loss of network connectivity to the client (eg, timeout of a NAT
> mapping) seems like another plausible explanation.
>
>             regards, tom lane

It's plausible, but unlikely for our network setup. We rarely use NAT
and if the client lost its network, this particular application (it's
Perl with GTK and DBD::Pg, by the way) tends to hang since it doesn't
try to re-establish a connection to the DB short of killing and
restarting it.

Peter

От: Peter Koczan
Сообщение: Re: BUG #3504: Some listening sessions never return from writing, problems ensue
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #3504: Some listening sessions never return from writing, problems ensue