Re: Questions on Tags table schema

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Questions on Tags table schema
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Richard Huxton wrote:

>> CREATE TABLE car_tags
>> (
>>    CarID integer NOT NULL,
>>    TagID integer NOT NULL
>> );
> [snip other table defs]
>
> Don't forget CarID isn't really an integer (I mean, you're not going to
> be doing sums with car id's are you?) it's actually just a unique code.
> Of course, computers are particularly fast at dealing with 32-bit integers.

Just realised I haven't explained what I meant by that.

CarID is a different type from PlaneID and TagID. As it happens, we are
using integers to represent them all, but a CarID = 1 is different from
a PlaneID = 1 and although you can numerically compare the two it is an
error to do so.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Сообщение: Re: Questions on Tags table schema
Сообщение: Re: Questions on Tags table schema