ODBC and configure

От Ravi Katkar
Тема ODBC and configure
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi List,

I have installed ODBC and configure the same in RHEL 4.4.

Configured the ODBC in the following way:

[ODBC Data Sources]

testPSQL = PostgreSQL Test

[testPSQL]

Driver=/usr/lib/psqlodbc.so

Description=Sample PostgreSQL DSN

DSN=testPSQL

SERVER=xhost+localhost

Username=postgres

Database=rtdb

ReadOnly=No

Servertype=postgres

Port=5432

FetchBufferSize=99

ServerOptions=

ConnectOptions=

Options=

ReadOnlyi=no

Trace=1

TraceFile=/home/postgres/odbc.trace

Debug=1

DebugFile = /home/postgres/odbc.debug

CommLog = 1

[Default]

Driver = /usr/lib/psqlodbc.so

Description = PostgreSQL Data Source

SERVER=localhost

Port=5432

UserName=postgres

Password=postgres

;Socket=4096

;end odbc.ini

[ODBC]

InstallDir = /usr/lib/libiodbc.so

Steps that I followed to test the ODBC is :

  1. Downloaded the “odbctest.c” file from website and copied into unix machine
  2. Compile and run the file

Problem:

     While running odbctest testPSQL earlier it was working fine, but now everytime its giving the below error:

     odbctest: cannot connect to X server

Please suggest if there is any solution for this. I tried with SERVER=localhost and xhost+localhost, again Severname=localhost and xhost+localhost nothing is working after re-compiling and running the .c file.

Thanks,

Ravi Katkar