Re: ssl connections to postgresql

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: ssl connections to postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
James B. Byrne wrote:
> On Wed, July 25, 2007 03:13, Albe Laurenz wrote:
>> James B. Byrne wrote:
>>> I would like to verify that the connection between these
>>> two machines is indeed employing ssl for the application in question.
>> If you set log_min_messages and log_min_error_statement to debug5,
>> you will get something like this in your log:
[snip]

> Thank you.  I infer that this setting would generate an awful lot of log
> entries regarding a wide range of process actions and that your intention
> is that it only be used temporarily to confirm a valid ssl configuration
> works as expected.  I was actually hoping to find some way of logging the
> type of connection made without having to get excessive (for my purpose)
> details about other activities in unrelated ares of the server process.
> But, this is nonetheless valuable information. Thanks.

You could probably do something like set the default log-level high and
then override it for the database/users in question (alter database set ...)

Of course, the simplest solution would be to change the code yourself.
Shouldn't be more than a line or two, you just want to add one piece of
information to an existing log line. That's also the simplest way to ask
core to tweak the line too: I want to change line nnn in file fff to add
the following...

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd