Re: Performance issue with 8.2.3 - "C" application

От Karl Denninger
Тема Re: Performance issue with 8.2.3 - "C" application
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hmmmmm..... now that's interesting.  Stats collector IS accumulating
quite a bit of runtime..... me thinks its time to go grab 8.2.4.

Karl Denninger (karl@denninger.net)
http://www.denninger.net

Merlin Moncure wrote:
> On 7/25/07, Karl Denninger <karl@denninger.net> wrote:
>>
>>  Yeah, the problem doesn't appear to be there.  As I said, if I look
>> at the
>> PS of the system when its bogging, there aren't a whole bunch of
>> processes
>> stuck doing these, so while this does take a second or two to come back,
>> that's not that bad.
>>
>>  Its GENERAL performance that just bites - the system is obviously
>> out of
>> CPU, but what I can't get a handle on is WHY.  It does not appear to be
>> accumulating large amounts of runtime in processes I can catch, but
>> the load
>> average is quite high.
>
> 8.2.3 has the 'stats collector bug' (fixed in 8.2.4) which increased
> load in high concurrency conditions.  on a client's machine after
> patching the postmaster load drop from the 4-5 range to 1-2 range on a
> 500 tps server.  maybe this is biting you?  symptoms are high load avg
> and high cpu usage of stats collector process.
>
> merlin
>

> %SPAMBLOCK-SYS: Matched [google.com+], message ok

%SPAMBLOCK-SYS: Matched [@postgresql.org+], message ok

Сообщение: Re: Performance issue with 8.2.3 - "C" application
Сообщение: Re: Performance issue with 8.2.3 - "C" application