DBI/DBD::Pg and transactions

От Roderick A. Anderson
Тема DBI/DBD::Pg and transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hopefully the original post went astray and this isn't a duplicate.  I
don't see it in the archive so I'll assume I have a bogus SMTP setup at
work for my home account.

I've tried the Pg docs, DBI book, and Google searches but haven't found
anything useful on this topic.

I realize this is more a DBI question so if there is a better place to
ask please point me towards it.

Without lots of details here is what I'm trying to determine.

Will a

    $sth->execute()

of a "SELECT ... FOR UPDATE" statement allow me to update the selected
records using

    $uth->execute( ... )

if $sth and $uth are both created/prepared from the same database handle
"$dbh"?

Thanks,
Rod