REQUEST: option to auto-generate new sequences with CREATE TABLE (LIKE)

От Nico Sabbi
Тема REQUEST: option to auto-generate new sequences with CREATE TABLE (LIKE)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,
as the subjects reads I searched in the docs a way to instruct postgres
to create new sequences when copying tables containing serial columns,
but the resulting  serial fields in the new tables reference the
original sequence.

Yes, there are workarounds, but having an option to make postgres
automatically
generate a new sequence for every serial field would be splendid.

I hope you will consider this feature for one of the future versions of
Postgres.

Thanks,
    Nico