Re: SSPI authentication

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: SSPI authentication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Page wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> So what we'd need in that case is a new libpq connectionstring
>> parameter. Which can be done, but it'd require that all frontends that
>> use libpq add support for it - such as pgadmin. I'm not sure if the ODBC
>> driver will support arbitrary arguments, otherwise that one needs it too.
>>
>> As I'm sure you can tell, I'm far from convinced this is a good idea ;-)
>> Anybody else want to comment on this?
>
> The ODBC driver would need modification (as would pgAdmin of course).
> Whats more of a concern is that we already have ODBC connection strings
> that can be too long - adding yet another option will make that worse of
> course.

Interesting, didn't know that. That makes that option even less interesting.

Can you comment on if the current ODBC driver will pick up GSSAPI
authentication from libpq or if it needs new code to deal with it? I
never quite figured out how they integrate with libpq for the
authentication part since it moved away from using libpq for everything
again.

//Magnus