Re: psql error while restoring database: unrecognized node type: 655

От Jeff Ross
Тема Re: psql error while restoring database: unrecognized node type: 655
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> Jeff Ross <jross@wykids.org> writes:
>> When psql begins loading this file, it throws the error:
>
>> psql:/tmp/people.sql:79: ERROR:  unrecognized node type: 655
>
> Hmm.  Can you try that with \set VERBOSITY verbose so we can determine
> where the error is being thrown from?

Using the same dump file as before, but with verbosity on:

psql:/tmp/people.sql:79: ERROR:  XX000: unrecognized node type: 655
LOCATION:  _outValue, outfuncs.c:1707
psql:/tmp/people.sql:82: ERROR:  42P01: relation "public.people" does
not exist
LOCATION:  RangeVarGetRelid, namespace.c:216

>> The interesting thing is that this exact process works just fine to a
>> third machine also running 8.2.4
>
> The example doesn't fail for me, either.
>
> We've occasionally seen messages of this type from poorly-done local
> modifications to the backend.  How did you come by the postgres
> executables you're using on the problem machine?

I installed the latest package from the OpenBSD snapshots.  The other
machines are also using OpenBSD package installations.

>             regards, tom lane

Thanks,

Jeff