Re: Logging (was Re: Suggestion GRANT ALTER, TRIGGER ON ALTER)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Logging (was Re: Suggestion GRANT ALTER, TRIGGER ON ALTER)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> How about 'log to table' like Oracle can (apparently) do.  All sorts of
> problems I can think with it, but then at least people can just query it
> using normal SQL.

Right offhand I do not see how a failed transaction could make any
entries (that later xacts could see, that is) in such a table.  And
surely error entries are precisely the most interesting ones in a log.
So you'd need to commit some major-league abuse of the transactional
and MVCC mechanisms to make this work usefully.