Restoring Database created on windows on FreeBSD

От postgresql@bryden.co.za
Тема Restoring Database created on windows on FreeBSD
Дата
Re: Restoring Database created on windows on FreeBSD  (Sven Willenberger <sven@dmv.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi

I am very new to FreeBSD (Windows Background), but am busy trying to
implement a PostgreSQL database that I have running in the Windows
environemtn on FreeBSD. Naturally, most of my problems so far have been
geeting to grips with FreeBSD.

Anyway, I am having a problem at the moment. Having being previously
spoilt with the ease of installation on windows, I am sure that I have
missed the boat on something.
I downloaded the latest port for PostgreSQL-8.0.4 from postgresql.org. I
followed the instructions in the documentation and all seemed to work. I
have successfully created "test" databases and have happily managed to
connect to the new PostgreSQL server using psql and pgAdmin III(on
windows). I have now backed up my DB from windows and have created a new
database on the BSD server. When restoring this DB I got a lot of errors
related to some of the system installed functions. I then realised that
the PostgreSQL installation on FreeBSD did not install any of the contrib
modules. I went to the /contrib folder in the port I used to to install
postgreSQL (/usr/ports/database/postgresql-8.0.4/contrib). I excluded
/cube and /mysql from the MakeFile (cube seemed to be failing and why
would I want mysql stuff on PostgreSQL?). I then did a gmake install. All
contribs seemed to install fine. I reran the restore on a clean DB and
most of the errors went away, but I am still getting errors all related to
system functions looking for '$libdir/admin'.

Does anyone know what I could have missed here?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Craig