Re: compiler warnings on the buildfarm

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: compiler warnings on the buildfarm
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 12. Juli 2007 15:25 schrieb Stefan Kaltenbrunner:
>> a lot of those are simply noise (like the LOOP VECTORIZED stuff from the
>> icc boxes or the "statement not reached" spam from the sun compilers)
>> but others might indicate real issues.
>> To find warnings that might be a real problem we might want to look into
>>  suppressing those - if possible -  using compiler switches.
>
> It would be good to determine an appropriate set of compiler switches to
> reduce the warnings to a reasonable level.

yeah once we have determined that this whole experiment is useful it
should be pretty easy to tweak the compiler switches for the non-gcc
compilers (mostly icc and sun studio seem to be the ones that generate
excessive output).

Stefan

Сообщение: Re: compiler warnings on the buildfarm
Сообщение: Re: compiler warnings on the buildfarm