Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> So, in our world, wouldn't this translate to 'make cfbot complain'?

> I'm definitely a fan of the idea of having cfbot flag these and then we
> maybe get to a point where it's not the committers dealing with fixing
> patches that weren't pgindent'd properly, it's the actual patch
> submitters being nagged about it...

Meh.  Asking all submitters to install pgindent is a bit of a burden.
Moreover, sometimes it's better to provide a patch that deliberately
hasn't reindented existing code, for ease of review (say, when you're
adding if() { ... } around some big hunk of code).  I think getting
committers to do this as part of commit is a better workflow.

(Admittedly, since I've been doing that for a long time, I don't
find it to be a burden.  I suppose some committers do.)