Re: tsearch2 in multilingual database?

От Hannes Dorbath
Тема Re: tsearch2 in multilingual database?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04.07.2007 11:20, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> Sometime in the future, I anticipate storing other languages in addition
> to English in my database to be indexed with tsearch2. set_curcfg()
> seems to be per-session. Will I need to call set_curcfg() every time I
> switch languages?

You *should* create a TSearch config for each language, at least if
you'd like to use stemming, compound words etc. When you have a
multilingual project, I'm sure you have a `languages' table already
somewhere. Just extent that table with a tsearch_config field, so you
know what config to use for what language.. and yes, you have to set
that every time.

--
Regards,
Hannes Dorbath