Re: subquery with more than one column

От Jon Sime
Тема Re: subquery with more than one column
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Raimon Fernandez wrote:
> [..moved top-post..]
> On 05/07/2007, at 21:30, Tom Lane wrote:
>
>> Raimon Fernandez <coder@montx.com> writes:
>>> It's not possible to return in a subquery more than one column ?
>>
>> Try it like this:
>>
>>   SELECT id_intern, (SELECT ROW(referencia, descripcio) FROM articles
>> WHERE...
>>
>>             regards, tom lane
>>
 > but I want as a separate columns, like a normal SELECT ...
 >

 > this is what I get:
 >
 > +---------------+
 > | row           |
 > +---------------+
 > | (1,"ref rai") |
 > | (1,ref)       |
 > +---------------+
 >

 > thanks,
 >

 > raimon

Is there something about the nature of the data which prevents you from
using a JOIN between these two tables?

     select pb.id_intern, a.referencia, a.descripcio
     from product_blister pb
         join articles a on (a.id_intern = pb.id_product_added)
     where pb.id_product_source = '8';

(Or using a LEFT JOIN if not every record in product_blister is required
to have a corresponding record in articles, and you want those records
in product_blister to still be returned.)

My apologies if my assumption is incorrect.

-Jon

--
Senior Systems Developer
Media Matters for America