Re: Large Project, Integration with existing Oracle and MS SQL

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Large Project, Integration with existing Oracle and MS SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Patrick Carroll wrote:
> I am architecting a solution for an interface between a highly secure
> production environment and a corporate network which involves transfer of
> records from Oracle and SQL Server through an intermediary "firewall DB", a
> Postgres Instance, to SQL Server/ Oracle. I anticipate that there will
> either be direct database links or jdbc connections and stored
> procedures to
> pass data.
>
> Does anybody have a view on likely issues I may have in practice, should I
> really be looking at existing commercial technologies or is PostgreSQL the
> right technology?

I'm not sure what PostgreSQL is doing for you here, unless you need some
sort of "buffer" to cope with network bandwidth problems.

Why not just have a secured application sitting in the dmz/on firewall
and connect to both sides transferring for you?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd