Re: Reasonable way to backup cluster Windows

От Hannes Dorbath
Тема Re: Reasonable way to backup cluster Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04.07.2007 17:14, Andrus wrote:
> How to backup whole cluster so that huge temprary file containing all
> data in uncompressed form is not created in Windows temporary directory
> ( equivalent to pg_dumpall -c | gzip >backup in Linux ) ?
>
> Pipe in windows creates huge temprary file.

pg_dumpall has lot of disadvantages compared to pg_dump -Fc, I don't see
the point why one would want that.

What I'd recommend is to use pg_dumpall -g and pg_dump -Fc on each DB.
Then get a copy of rdiff-backup for windows to create nice incremental
backups. Wrap those 3 things in a cmd script and use the task scheduler
to run it in a given interval.

--
Regards,
Hannes Dorbath