Re: Compilation failure: 8.2.4 and 8.1.0 under XPPro/MinGW

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Compilation failure: 8.2.4 and 8.1.0 under XPPro/MinGW
Дата
Список pgsql-ports

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_MINGW.html
> Zlib is installed; Visual Studio and Cygwin are also on the system but should be out of the way.
>
> Reason for building: increase NAMEDATALEN so it'll quit truncating my absurdly-large column names.
>
> Output from Make (substantially the same whether I'm building 8.2.4 or 8.1.0):
<snip>

This means your MingW is too new :-O
They made an incompatible change to their headers at some point (I think
someone said you need 3.9 or earlier). So your workaround is to
downgrade to an older version of mingw. (Or do the manual header hackery
that someone posted, but I'd really recommend something that works
without changing the libc headers)

Now that I see it again, I do think I have a patch sitting around
somewhere to fix that, I guess I'll have to find and review that one. If
we can't fix it, we at least need to get it into the FAQ. I'll write up
a suggestion for text there if I can't get the code fixed.

Unfortunately, keeping up with mingw is developing against a moving
target, so these things happen :-(

//Magnus

Сообщение: Re: Compilation failure: 8.2.4 and 8.1.0 under XPPro/MinGW