Re: recovery_target_time ignored or recovery always recovers to end of WAL

От Jason L. Buberel
Тема Re: recovery_target_time ignored or recovery always recovers to end of WAL
Дата
Re: recovery_target_time ignored or recovery always recovers to end of WAL  (Erik Jones <erik@myemma.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I am now learning that fact, but recall the original scenario that I am trying to mimic:

1. Person accidentally deletes contents of important table.
2. Admin (me) wants to roll back db state to just prior to that deletion.
3. (Me) Assumes that by creating a recovery.conf file and setting the target to a an earlier trxn id and restarting the database would simply do the trick.

So now I think that my scenario should look more like:

1. Person accidentally deletes contents of important table.
2. Admin (me) wants to roll db state back to just prior to that delete.
3. (Me) Performs steps, in addition to creating the recovery.conf with the selected xid, that will cause the DB to restart at that PITR.

Now all I need to lock down are those 'additional steps needed to force the recovery process to only recover up to the specified xid and no further'.

Such as:

- Remove from pg_xlog all of the log files containing transactions that come after the selected xid?
- Other?

-jason

Tom Lane wrote:
"Jason L. Buberel" <jason@buberel.org> writes:
## stopped and started postgres, following syslog output:
You seem to have omitted all the interesting details about what you did
here; but "stopping and starting" postgres is certainly not intended to
cause it to discard data.  There would need to have been some steps
involving restoring a previous base backup and rolling forward through
archived xlog files.

TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will ignore your desire to      choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not      match

Сообщение: Re: recovery_target_time ignored or recovery always recovers to end of WAL
Сообщение: Re: recovery_target_time ignored or recovery always recovers to end of WAL