Re: Still recommending daily vacuum...

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Still recommending daily vacuum...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Well, with autovac defaulting to ON in 8.3, that's certainly obsolete
>>> text now.
>>>
>>> Is there a reason to say anything beyond "use autovac"?
>> Did we change the default autovac parameters for 8.3 (beyond turning it
>> on?) because on any reasonably used database, they are way to conservative.
>
> We're still on time to change them ...  Any concrete proposals?

I could provide numbers from production high use databases. We could
probably back those down a little and make more reasonable numbers.

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Still recommending daily vacuum...