Re: performance problems inserting random vals in index

От Leonardo F
Тема Re: performance problems inserting random vals in index
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Does it help to reindex the index at that point?

Didn't try; but I guess a reindex of such a big table
would block inserts for a long time... but I'll try

> Bad.  The partitioning code isn't designed to scale
> beyond a few dozen partitions.

What kind of problems am I going to experience?
It's just a N times access to the index or something
worse? It's the fact that it will take a linear amount of
time to "pick" the right partitions?