Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 occasionally slow down

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 occasionally slow down
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Ho Fat Tsang wrote:

>   I am new for postgresql server. And now i work on a projects which
> requires postgreSQL 8.0 and Java. I don't know why the server occasionally
> slow down a bit for every 3 minutes.

> Do anyone can help me about this ? or any resolution for a sudden
> performance degrade ( because the application i need to develop is quite
> time-critical).

It's probably checkpointing. PG will write updates to the transaction
log (WAL) immediately and update the main data files later. Every so
often it makes sure the data files are up-to-date and this is called
checkpointing.

You want checkpointing to happen more often, not less. That way the load
will be less each time it happens. See the manual for details.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 occasionally slow down
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 occasionally slow down