Why I cannot call a function from within an SQL function?

От Eus
Тема Why I cannot call a function from within an SQL function?
Дата
Re: Why I cannot call a function from within an SQL function?  ("A. Kretschmer" <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com>)
Re: Why I cannot call a function from within an SQL function?  (Miguel Ángel MF <michelangelo13@gmail.com>)
Re: Why I cannot call a function from within an SQL function?  (Marc Schablewski <ms@clickware.de>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi Ho!

The following query works well:

 select count (*)
 from item_audit
 where audit_ts >= '2008-05-30 00:00:00'
       and audit_ts <= '2008-10-30 00:00:00'
       and 'wst' != (select split_part(category, '-', 2)
                     from description
                     where split_part(category, '-', 1) = 'item'
                           and shorthand = status
                    )

But, when I transform it into the following SQL function, the function cannot be created barking:

 ERROR:  syntax error at or near "-"
 LINE 6:        and $1 != (select split_part(category, '-', 2)"

 create or replace function get_I(text, timestamp, timestamp) returns bigint as
'select count (*)
 from item_audit as ia
 where audit_ts >= $2
       and audit_ts <= $3
       and $1 != (select split_part(category, '-', 2)
                  from description
                  where split_part(category, '-', 1) = 'item'
                        and shorthand = ia.status
                 )
' language sql;

What's wrong?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Eus (FSF member #4445)

In this digital era, where computing technology is pervasive, your freedom depends on the software controlling those
computingdevices.

Join free software movement today! It is free as in freedom, not as in free beer!

Join: http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=4445