Re: BUG #3416: User 'postgres' could not be created: access Denied

От Dave Page
Тема Re: BUG #3416: User 'postgres' could not be created: access Denied
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hiroshi Saito wrote:
> Hi.
>
> From: "Shelby Cain"
>
>> Hiroshi,
>>
>> Wouldn't it be better to start an elevated command prompt (right-click
>> command prompt -> run as admin) and run the installer directly from
>> the command line instead of disabling UAC?  Does that not work?
>
> Ahh yes.:-)
> ex.)
> runas /user:administrator "cmd.exe"
>
> However, Probably, HOME EDITION will be slightly complicated...

This is going to become my new pet-peeve isn't it? :-)

The Administrator account is disabled by default in new installs of
Vista (upgrades can be different), so this method most likely won't work!!

For those that require evidence, from
http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsvistasecurity/archive/2006/08/27/windowsvistasecurity_.aspx

"The built-in administrator account is disabled by default in Windows
Vista on new installations."

Or Google for "vista administrator disabled" and look at any of the
hundreds of relevant hits.

Regards, Dave.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #3416: User 'postgres' could not be created: access Denied
Сообщение: Re: BUG #3416: User 'postgres' could not be created: access Denied